By signing up for FREE Registration or PAID Membership, you agree to abide by all SAPPRF Rules and Regulations, including but not limited to; the Constitution, Rules and Regulations, Code of Conduct, Judicial Code and Social Media Policy, and the below policies.
Terms and ConditionsThese terms and conditions are the contract between you and the South African Practical Precision Rifle Federation (NPC) or ‘SAPPRF’. By visiting or using Our Website, or applying for membership, you agree to be bound by them. In this document, “we” or “us” refers to South African Practical Precision Rifle Federation (NPC), a Non Profit Company registration – 2019/030615/08. Our registered office is at 186 Olympic Duel, Northlands Business Park, Newmarket St, North Riding, Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa. You are: Anyone who uses Our Website or buys “SAPPRF Membership”. Under 18 years? Sorry, but we deal only with people who are legally able to enter into a binding contract. Please read this agreement carefully and save it. If you do not agree with it, you should leave Our Website and stop using Our Website or the Services immediately. These are the agreed terms
|“Content”||means the textual, visual or aural content that is encountered as part of your experience on Our Website. It may include, among other things: text, images, sounds, videos and animations.|
|“Intellectual Property”||means intellectual property owned by us, of every sort, whether or not registered or registrable in any country, including intellectual property of kinds coming into existence after today; and including, among others, patents, trade marks, unregistered marks, designs, copyrights, software, domain names, discoveries, creations and inventions, together with all rights which are derived from those rights.|
|“SAPPRF Membership”||means Membership we provide as set out in our Constitution.|
|“Our Website”||means any website or service designed for electronic access by mobile or fixed devices which is owned or operated by us. It includes all web pages controlled by us.|
|“Post”||means place on or into Our Website any Content.|
|“Services”||means all of the services available from Our Website, whether free or charged.|
2. InterpretationIn this agreement unless the context otherwise requires:
- a reference to a person includes a human individual, a corporate entity and any organisation which is managed or controlled as a unit.
- in the context of permission, “may not” in connection with an action of yours, means “must not”.
- the headings to the paragraphs and schedules (if any) to this agreement are inserted for convenience only and do not affect the interpretation.
- any agreement by either party not to do or omit to do something includes an obligation not to allow some other person to do or omit to do that same thing.
- a reference to an act or regulation includes new law of substantially the same intent as the act or regulation referred to.
- this agreement is made only in the English language. If there is any conflict in meaning between the English language version of this agreement and any version or translation of this agreement in any other language, the English language version shall prevail.
3. Basis of Contract
- We do not offer SAPPRF Membership in all countries. We may refuse membership if you live in a country we do not serve.
- In entering into this contract, you have not relied on any representation or information from any source except the explanation of membership services given on Our Website.
- Subject to these terms and conditions, we agree to provide to you some or all of the membership services described on Our Website at the prices we charge from time to time.
- Some of our services are now or may in future, be available to you only subject to additional terms. Those terms will be set out on Our Website. You now agree that if you choose to use any such service, the relevant terms will become part of this agreement.
- So far as we allow use of our Intellectual Property, we grant a licence to you, limited to the terms set out in this agreement.
- Our contract with you and licence to you last for one year from the date of start / payment. Any continuation by us or by you after the expiry of one year is a new contract in the terms then shown on Our Website. Your continued use of our services after that shall be deemed acceptance by you of the changed service, system and/or terms.
- The contract between us comes into existence only when we write to you to confirm that we agree to allow you to join SAPPRF as a member. Your payment does not create a contract. If we decline to offer SAPPRF Membership to you, we shall immediately return your money.
- If we give you free access to a service or feature on Our Website which is normally a charged feature, and that service or feature is usually subject to additional contractual terms, you now agree that you will abide by those terms.
- We may change this agreement and / or the way we provide memberships, at any time. If we do:
- the change will take effect when we Publish it on Our Website.
- you agree to be bound by any changes. If you do not agree to be bound by them, you should not use Our Website or purchase SAPPRF Membership.
4. SAPPRF Membership
- Purchase of SAPPRF Membership entitles you to the Services supplied by this website, our Constitution and Rules and Regulations.
- Details of the cost and benefits of SAPPRF Membership are as set out on Our Website from time to time.
- Payment for a SAPPRF Membership is for one. You may cancel your SAPPRF Membership at any time within 90 days of your membership application. If you do, your membership fee will be returned in full.
- You may not transfer your SAPPRF Membership to any other person.
- We reserve the right to modify the SAPPRF Membership rules or system and to change the terms and conditions of this agreement at any time, without notice. Your continued use of the SAPPRF Membership after such modifications shall be deemed an acceptance by you to be bound by the terms of the modified agreement. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on Our Website on the day you join as a member. It may be useful to print a copy now.
5. Your account and personal information
- When you visit Our Website, you accept responsibility for any action done by any person in your name or under your account or password. You should take all necessary steps to ensure that the password is kept confidential and secure and should inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your password has become known to anyone else, or if the password is being, or is likely to be, used in an unauthorised manner.
- You agree that you have provided accurate, up to date, and complete information about yourself. We are not responsible for any error made as a result of such information being inaccurate.
- You agree to notify us of any changes in your information immediately it occurs. If you do not do so, we may terminate your membership.
- The price payable for SAPPRF Membership and/or Services and/or Products that you order are clearly set out on Our Website.
- The price charged for any Service may differ from one country to another. You may not be entitled to the lowest price unless you reside in the qualifying country.
- Prices are inclusive of any applicable value added tax or other sales tax.
- When you subscribe for SAPPRF Membership, that payment may not cover other Services, for which we will ask you to pay either by addition to your membership fee or by a single payment.
- Banking charges by the receiving bank on payments to us will be borne by us. All other charges relating to payment in a currency other than Rand will be borne by you.
- You will pay all sums due to us under this agreement by the means specified without any set-off, deduction or counterclaim.
- All money paid by you to us is non-refundable and cancellation and/or termination of this agreement by you or us at any time for any reason will not entitle you to a refund of money paid for any Service.
7. Renewal payments
- At least four weeks before expiry of the period for which you have paid, we shall send you a message to your last known email address to tell you that your SAPPRF Membership is shortly to expire and to invite you to renew.
- At any time before expiry of your membership, you may use the “My Account” tab on Our Website to access your personal information and change your requirements for services or cancel renewal.
- If you have chosen to automatically renew your Membership; at expiry of your SAPPRF Membership we shall automatically take payment from your credit card of the sum specified on the invoice sent earlier and shall confirm the renewal of your SAPPRF Membership for a further period by sending you an email message.
- Termination of this agreement by you or us at any time for any reason will not entitle you to a refund of money paid.
8. Security of your credit cardWe take care to make Our Website safe for you to use.
- Card payments are not processed on a page controlled by us. We use one or more online payment service providers who will encrypt your card or bank account details in a secure environment.
9. How we handle your data
- If you Post Content to any public area of Our Website it becomes available in the public domains. We have no control who sees it or what anyone does with it.
- Even if access to your text is behind a user registration, it remains effectively in the public domain because someone has only to register and log in, to access it. You should therefore avoid Posting unnecessary confidential information.
- We need the freedom to be able to publicise our Services and your own use of them. You therefore now irrevocably grant to us the right and licence to edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use any Content that you place on Our Website, in public domain and in any medium. You represent and warrant that you are authorised to grant all such rights.
- We will use that licence only for commercial purposes of our Federation and will stop using it after a commercially reasonable period of time.
- You agree to waive your right to be identified as the author and your right to object to derogatory treatment of your Posted Content as provided in the Copyright Act 1978.
- Posting any Content does not change your ownership of the copyright in it. We have no claim over it and we will not protect your rights for you.
- You understand that you are personally responsible for your breach of intellectual property rights, defamation, or any law, which may occur as a result of any Content having been Posted by you.
- You accept all risk and responsibility for determining whether any Content is in the public domain and not confidential.
- Please notify us of any security breach or unauthorised use of your account.
- We do not solicit ideas or text for improvement of our service, but if you do send to us Content of any sort, you are deemed to have granted to us a licence to use it.
10. Restrictions on what you may Post to Our WebsiteYou agree that you will not use or allow anyone else to use Our Website to Post Content, or undertake any activity which is or may:
- be unlawful, or tend to incite another person to commit a crime;
- consist in commercial audio, video or music files;
- be obscene, offensive, threatening, violent, malicious or defamatory;
- be sexually explicit or pornographic;
- be likely to deceive any person or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity, age or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that it emanates from us or that you are connected with us or that we have endorsed you or your business;
- request or collect passwords or other personal information from another user without his permission, nor Post any unnecessary personal information about yourself;
- be used to sell any goods or services or for any other commercial use not intended by us, for yourself or for any other person. Examples are: sending private messages with a commercial purpose, or collecting information with the intention of passing it to a third party for his commercial use;
- include anything other than words (i.e. you will not include any symbols or photographs) except for a photograph of yourself in your profile in such place as we designate;
- facilitate the provision of unauthorised copies of another person’s copyright work;
- link to any Content of the sorts specified in this paragraph;
- use distribution lists that include people who have not given specific permission to be included in such distribution process;
- make excessive and repeated Posting off-topic messages to any forum or group;
- send age-inappropriate communications or Content to anyone under the age of 18.
11. Your Posting: restricted ContentIn connection with the restrictions set out below, we may refuse or edit or remove Content which does not comply with these terms. In addition to the restrictions set out above, your Content must not contain:
- hyperlinks, other than those specifically authorized by us;
- keywords or words repeated, which are irrelevant to your Content.
- the name, logo or trademark of any organisation other than that of you or your client.
- inaccurate, false, or misleading information.
12. Removal of offensive Content
- For the avoidance of doubt, this paragraph is addressed to any person who comes on Our Website for any purpose.
- We are under no obligation to monitor or record the activity of any customer for any purpose, nor do we assume any responsibility to monitor or police Internet-related activities. However, we may do so without notice to you and without giving you a reason.
- If you are offended by any Content, the following procedure applies:
- Your claim or complaint must be submitted to us in the form available on Our Website, or contain the same information as that requested in our form. It must be sent to us by post or email.
- We shall remove the offending Content as soon as we are reasonably able.
- After we receive notice of a claim or complaint, we shall investigate so far as we alone decide.
- We may re-instate the Content about which you have complained or not.
- In respect of any complaint made by you or any person on your behalf, whether using our form of complaint or not, you now irrevocably grant to us a licence to publish the complaint and all ensuing correspondence and communication, without limit.
- You now agree that if any complaint is made by you frivolously or vexatiously you will repay us the cost of our investigation including legal fees, if any.
13. Security of Our Website
- We may, at our discretion or as part of a paid service, give you permission to access Our Website for the purpose of Posting or uploading Content of some sort. We may read, assess, review or moderate any Content Posted on Our Website. If we do, we need not notify you or give you a reason. If you violate Our Website we shall take legal action against you.
- You agree that you will not, and will not allow any other person to:
- violate or attempt to violate any aspect of the security of Our Website;
- modify, copy, or cause damage or unintended effect to any portion of Our Website, or any software used within it. you understand that any such violation is unlawful in many jurisdictions and that any contravention of law may result in criminal prosecution.
- link to Our Website in any way that would cause the appearance or presentation of the site to be different from what would be seen by a user who accessed the site by typing the URL into a standard browser;
- download any part of Our Website, without our express written consent;
- collect or use any product listings, descriptions, or prices;
- collect or use any information obtained from or about Our Website or the Content except as intended by this agreement;
- share with a third party any login credentials to Our Website;
- Despite the above terms, we now grant a licence to you to:
- create a hyperlink to Our Website for the purpose of promoting an interest common to both of us. You can do this without specific permission. This licence is conditional upon your not portraying us or any product or service in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive manner. You may not use any logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark of ours as part of the link without our express written consent.
- you may copy the text of any page for your personal use in connection with our purpose.
14. Storage of data
- We may, from time to time, set a limit on the number of messages you may send, store, or receive through membership. We may delete messages in excess of that limit. We shall give you notice of any change to your limit, except in an emergency.
- We assume no responsibility for the deletion or failure to store or deliver email or other messages.
- You accept that we cannot be liable to you for any such deletion or failure to deliver to you.
- We maintain reasonable procedures for general backup of data for our own purposes but we give no warranty that your data will be saved or backed up in any particular circumstances unless we have made specific contractual arrangements with you in writing.
15. Duration and termination
- You may terminate this Service at any time, for any reason, with immediate effect. You may terminate the agreement either by sending notice to us by email. We reserve the right to check the validity of any request to terminate Membership
- We may terminate this Service at any time, for any reason, with immediate effect by sending you notice to that effect by post or e-mail.
- Termination by either party shall have the following effects:
- your right to use your SAPPRF Membership immediately ceases;
- we are under no obligation to forward any unread or unsent messages to you or any third party.
- We retain the right, at our sole discretion, to terminate any and all parts of the Services provided to you, without refunding to you any fees paid if we decide in our absolute discretion that you have failed to comply with any of the terms of this agreement.
16. Interruption to Services
- If it is necessary for us to interrupt our Services, we will give you reasonable notice where this is possible and when we judge the down time is such as to justify telling you.
- You acknowledge that our Services may also be interrupted for many reasons beyond our control.
- You agree that we are not liable to you for any loss, foreseeable or not, arising from any interruption to our Services.
17. Intellectual PropertyYou agree that at all times you will:
- not do anything which does or might reduce the value of our Intellectual Property or challenge our ownership of it.
- notify us of any suspected infringement of the Intellectual Property.
- so far as concerns software provided or made accessible by us to you, you will not:
- copy, or make any change to any part of its code;
- use it in any way not anticipated by this agreement;
- give access to it to any other person than you, the licensee in this agreement;
- in any way provide any information about it to any other person or generally.
18. Disclaimers and limitation of liability
- The law differs from one country to another. This paragraph applies so far as the applicable law allows.
- All implied conditions, warranties and terms are excluded from this agreement. If in any jurisdiction an implied condition, warrant or term cannot be excluded, then this sub paragraph shall be deemed to be reduced in effect, only to the extent necessary to release that specific condition, warranty or term.
- Our Website and SAPPRF Membership services are provided “as is”. We make no representation or warranty that any service will be:
- useful to you;
- of satisfactory quality;
- fit for a particular purpose;
- available or accessible, without interruption, or without error.
- We claim no expert knowledge in any subject. We disclaim any obligation or liability to you arising directly or indirectly from information you take from Our Website.
- We make no representation or warranty and accept no responsibility in law for:
- accuracy of any Content or the impression or effect it gives;
- delivery of Content, material or any message;
- privacy of any transmission;
- the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of Our Website or our services;
- failure or malfunction of computer hardware or software or technical equipment or system connected directly or indirectly to your use of our services.
- loss or damage resulting from your attendance at an event organised through Our Website or our Services;
- any act or omission of any person or the identity of any person who introduces himself to you through Our Website;
- any aspect or characteristic of any goods or services advertised on Our Website.
- you agree that in any circumstances when we may become liable to you, the limit of our liability is the amount you have paid us in the immediately preceding 12 month period for the services concerned.
- Except in the case of death or personal injury, our total liability under this agreement, however it arises, shall not exceed the sum of R [Amount]. This applies whether your case is based on contract, tort or any other basis in law.
- We shall not be liable to you for any loss or expense which is:
- indirect or consequential loss; or
- economic loss or other loss of turnover, profits, business or goodwill even if such loss was reasonably foreseeable or we knew you might incur it.
- This paragraph (and any other paragraph which excludes or restricts our liability) applies to our directors, officers, employees, subcontractors, agents and affiliated companies as well as to ourselves.
- If you become aware of any breach of any term of this agreement by any person, please inform us by email. We welcome your input but do not guarantee to agree with your judgement.
- Nothing in this agreement shall be construed as limiting or excluding our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
19. You indemnify usYou agree to indemnify us against all costs, claims and expense arising directly or indirectly from:
- your failure to comply with the law of any country;
- your breach of this agreement;
- any act, neglect or default by any agent, employee, licensee or customer of yours;
- a contractual claim arising from your use of our services.
- a breach of the intellectual property rights of any person.
- For the purpose of this paragraph you agree that the cost of our management and technical time is properly recoverable and can reasonably be valued at R1,000 per hour without further proof.
20. Miscellaneous matters
- You undertake to provide to us your current land address, e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers as often as they are changed together with all information that we may require to enable us to fulfil our obligations under this contract.
- If any term or provision of this agreement is at any time held by any jurisdiction to be void, invalid or unenforceable, then it shall be treated as changed or reduced, only to the extent minimally necessary to bring it within the laws of that jurisdiction and to prevent it from being void and it shall be binding in that changed or reduced form. Subject to that, each provision shall be interpreted as severable and shall not in any way affect any other of these terms.
- If you are in breach of any term of this agreement, we may:
- publish all text and Content relating to the claimed breach, including your name and email address and all correspondence between us and our respective advisers; and you now irrevocably give your consent to such publication.
- terminate your SAPPRF Membership and refuse access to Our Website;
- issue a claim in any court.
- Any obligation in this agreement intended to continue to have effect after termination or completion shall so continue.
- No failure or delay by any party to exercise any right, power or remedy will operate as a waiver of it nor indicate any intention to reduce that or any other right in the future.
- You agree that we may disclose your information including assigned IP numbers, account history, account use, etc. to any judicial or proper legal authority who makes a written request without further consent or notification to you.
- Any communication to be served on either party by the other shall be delivered by hand or sent by first class post or recorded delivery or by e-mail.
It shall be deemed to have been delivered:
- if delivered by hand: on the day of delivery;
- if sent by post to the correct address: within 72 hours of posting.
- In the event of a dispute between the parties to this agreement, then they undertake to attempt to settle the dispute by engaging in good faith with the other in a process of mediation before commencing arbitration or litigation, as per the SAPPRF Judicial Code.
- This agreement does not give any right to any third party.
- The validity, construction and performance of this agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
This is the privacy statement of the South African Practical Precision Rifle Federation (SAPPRF). In this document, “we” or “us” refers to South African Practical Precision Rifle Federation (NPC – 2019/030615/08).
Our registered office is at 186 Olympic Duel, Northlands Business Park, Newmarket St, North Riding, Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa.
This is a statement to tell you our policy about all information that we record about you. It covers both information that could identify you and information that could not.
We are extremely concerned to protect your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all users of our web site are quite rightly concerned to know that their data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party. Our policy is both specific and strict. It complies with the South African law. If you think our policy falls short of your expectations or that we are failing to abide by our policy, do please tell us.
We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our web site immediately.
Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any personally identifiable information collected at this site.
Here is a list of the information we collect from you, either through our web site or because you give it to us in some other way, and why it is necessary to collect it:
1. Business and personal information
This includes basic identification and contact information, such as your name and contact details and also includes all information given to us in the course of your business and ours, such as information you give us in your capacity as our client/member. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose. We expect you to reciprocate this policy.
This information is used:
- to provide you with the services which you request;
- for verifying your identity for security purposes;
- for marketing our services and products;
- information which does not identify any individual may be used in a general way by us or third parties, to provide class information, for example relating to demographics or usage of a particular page or service.
We keep information, which forms part of our business record for a minimum of six years. That is because we may need it in some way to support a claim or defence in court. That is also the period within which our tax collecting authorities may demand to know it.
2. Market place information
When we obtain information from you specifically to enable you to buy a service offered on our web site by some other person, we assume that in giving us your information, you are also giving us permission to pass it to the relevant person.
3. Your domain name and e-mail address
This information is recognised by our servers and the pages that you visit are recorded. We shall not under any circumstances, divulge your e-mail address to any person who is not an employee or contractor of ours and who does not need to know, either generally or specifically. This information is used:
- to correspond with you or deal with you as you expect;
- in a collective way not referable to any particular individual, for the purpose of quality control and improvement of our site;
- to send you news about the services to which you have signed up;
- to tell you about other of our services or services of sister web sites.
4. Information you post on our website
Information you send to us by posting to a forum or blog or in your advertisement, is stored on our servers. We do not specifically use that information except to allow it to be read, but you will see in our terms and conditions that we reserve a right to use it in any way we decide.
5. Website usage information
6. Financial information relating to your credit cards
This information is never taken by us either through our website or otherwise. At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of Payfast or some other reputable payment service provider. That page may be dressed in our “livery”, but it is not controlled by us. Our staff and contractors never have access to it.
7. Financial information relating to your credit cards
We do not keep your financial information.
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser, and to encrypt any data you give us when you buy, including financial information such as credit or debit card numbers. Our SSL certificate encryption level is 256-bit. Whenever we ask for financial information, you can check that SSL is being used by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser URL bar or toolbar.
We take the following measures to protect your financial information:
- We do not keep your financial information encrypted on our servers.
- Access to your information is restricted to authorised staff only.
- If we ask you questions about your financial information, we shall show partial detail (ie. the first four OR the last four digits of the debit or credit card number), only enough to identify the card(s) to which we refer.
8. Financial information about your direct debit
When you have agreed to set up a direct debit arrangement, the information you have given to us is passed to ‘PayFast’, our Payment Gateway for processing according to our instructions. We do / do not keep a copy.
9. Credit reference
To assist in combating fraud, we share information with credit reference agencies, so far as it relates to clients or customers who instruct their credit card issuer to cancel payment to us without having first provided an acceptable reason to us and given us the opportunity to refund their money.
10. Third party advertising
11. Third party content
Our web site is a publishing medium in that anyone may register and then publish information about himself or some other person. We do not moderate or control what is posted. If you complain about any of the content on our web site, we shall investigate your complaint. If we feel, it may be justified, we shall remove it while we investigate. Free speech is a fundamental right, so we have to make a judgment as to whose right will be obstructed: yours, or that of the person who posted the content which offends you. If we think, your complaint is vexatious or without any basis, we shall not correspond with you about it.
12. Information we obtain from third parties
Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we do receive data which is indirectly made up from your personal information, from software services such as Google Analytics and others. No such information is identifiable to you.
13. Content you provide to us with a view to be used by third party
If you provide information to us with a view to it being read, copied, downloaded or used by other people, we accept no responsibility for what that third party may do with it. It is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might see your information. If it is available to all the World, you have no control whatever as to how it is used.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive through your web browser when you visit any web site. They are widely used to make web sites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Like all other users of cookies, we may request the return of information from your computer when your browser requests a web page from our server. Cookies enable our web server to identify you to us, and to track your actions and the pages you visit while you use our website. The cookies we use may last for a single visit to our site (they are deleted from your computer when you close your browser), or may remain on your computer until you delete them or until a defined period of time has passed.
- to allow essential parts of our web site to operate for you.
- to operate our content management system.
- to operate the online notification form – the form that you use to contact us for any reason. This cookie is set on your arrival at our web site and deleted when you close your browser.
- to enhance security on our contact form. It is set for use only through the contact form. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
- to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to improve your experience of our site and enable us to increase sales. This cookie collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited.
- to record that a user has viewed a webcast. It collects information in an anonymous form. This cookie expires when you close your browser.
- to record your activity during a web cast. An example is as to whether you have asked a question or provided an opinion by ticking a box. This information is retained so that we can serve your information to you when you return to the site. This cookie will record an anonymous ID for each user, but it will not use the information for any other purpose. These cookies can last for 90 days or longer, when it will delete automatically.
- to store your personal information so that you do not have to provide it afresh when you visit the site next time. This cookie can last for 90 days or longer.
- to enable you to watch videos we have placed on YouTube. YouTube will not store personally identifiable cookie information when you use YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode.
15. Sending a message to our support system
When you send a message, we collect the data you have given to us in that message in order to obtain confirmation that you are entitled to receive the information and to provide to you the information you need. We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our business / organisation. We do not keep any personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name or email address.
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint. If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and, if we do, what that information is.
We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
17. Job application and employment
If you send us information in connection with a job application, we may keep it for up to three years in case we decide to contact you at a later date.
If we employ you, we collect information about you and your work from time to time throughout the period of your employment. This information will be used only for purposes directly relevant to your employment. After your employment has ended, we will keep your file for six years before destroying or deleting it.
18. Marketing information
With your permission we pass your email address and name to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products you would find useful. You may opt out of this service at any time by unsubscribing through your Profile Account.
We may use re-marketing from time to time. This involves Google or some other supplier placing a tag or marker on your website in order to be able to serve to you an advert for our products / services when you visit some other website.
20. Affiliate information
This is information given to us by you in your capacity as an affiliate of us or a customer or client or member of ours. Such information is retained for business use only. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose. We expect any affiliate to agree to reciprocate this policy. As an exception to this, we have the right to disclose your first name and last name and URL of your affiliate connection to other affiliates and to any other person or organisation, on and off site. The reason is solely to enable us to mention winners and others whose performance as an affiliate is in some way outstanding.
21. Use of site by children
We collect data about all users of and visitors to these areas regardless of age, and we anticipate that some of those users and visitors will be children.
Such child users and visitors will inevitably visit other parts of the site and will be subject to whatever on-site marketing they find, wherever they visit.
If you are under 18, you may register on our site only with consent from a parent or guardian.
22. Disclosure to Government and their agencies
We are subject to the law like everyone else. We may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
23. Compliance with the law
This confidentiality policy has been compiled so as to comply with the law of every jurisdiction in which we aim to do business. If you think it fails to satisfy the law of your country, we should like to hear from you, but ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our website.
24. Review or update personally identifiable information
At any time you may review or update the personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by editing your Profile Account. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
25. Removal of your information
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our web site, you may contact us through our contact form. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
26. Data may be “processed” outside South Africa
Our web sites are hosted in South Africa. We also use outsourced services in countries outside South Africa from time to time in other aspects of our business. Accordingly data obtained within South Africa may be “processed” outside South Africa and data obtained in any other country may be processed within or outside that country.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only.
The information is provided by the South African Practical Precision Rifle Federation (NPC) and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of SAPPRF. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, SAPPRF takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its content are copyright of the South African Practical Precision Rifle Federation (NPC).
© South African Practical Precision Rifle Federation (NPC) 2019. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
SAPPRF Competitor Indemnity
Applicable to all SAPPRF sanctioned matches & events, for the duration of your FREE or Paid Memberships.
By applying for Membership, FREE or PAID, you hereby acknowledge and declare the following:
- You acknowledge that it is your choice to enrolled for shooting events / training courses with the South African Practical Precision Rifle Federation (SAPPRF).
- You acknowledge that by its very nature, sport shooting events held under the auspices of SAPPRF, that you participate in have potential hazards.
- You accept that You participate in all SAPPRF sanctioned matches/events entirely at my own risk and hereby indemnify SAPPRF, its employees, agents or assigns and hold them harmless against any claim which may otherwise be brought by you, your executors, estate, dependants or assigns, arising out of any injury to yourself or your property which you may suffer as a result of any act or omission by the said SAPPRF, its agents or assign whether such act or omission is negligent or not and whether such act of omission takes place during the actual course of instruction or competition or not.
- You declare that you have never been declared unfit to possess a firearm, neither has any firearm in your possession been confiscated.
- You undertake that any firearm which you may bring to the event shall be legally in my possession at the time.
By competing in SAPPRF Matches or Events, you agree to the following:
- It is a privilege, and not a right, to be a SAPPRF Member and Competitor.
- Follow all of the safety rules of SAPPRF and the host range. The safety of the shooters, match officials, and bystanders shall always be my primary objective.
- Prior to and during a match, refrain from the use of alcohol, substances, or medications that may negatively impact my ability to shoot safely.
- Recognize that it is your responsibility to maintain a working knowledge of the current SAPPRF rulebook.
- Adhere to the SAPPRF purpose and principles and not wilfully break any SAPPRF rule.
- Listen carefully and refrain from talking during shooters’ briefings and stage briefings.
- Refrain from any action that distracts shooters, safety officers, and other competitors during the match.
- Understand it is your responsibility as a squad member to be ready to shoot when called to the line.
- Understand it is your procedural duty as a squad member to help during stages and between shooters unless you are the current shooter, the on-deck shooter or have just finished shooting, or unless instructed otherwise by a match official.
- Not to communicate with others in a threatening, harassing, or abusive manner.
- You are responsible for checking your match scores within the verification period to see that they are correct.
- Should you have a question or an issue, your first contact is with the Stage/Safety Officer at the stage, then the Match Director.
- Any violations of these responsibilities and Code of Conduct will result in your being penalized by the Match Director within the full range of penalties up to and including disqualification from a match, and may result in the revocation of your SAPPRF membership.