Events unfortunately sometimes do get postponed and in extreme circumstances they may even get cancelled.
If an event is cancelled it is often outside of the control of the organisers, and they can be left in a difficult financial position after trying to put on an event for the enjoyment of the participants. Please be understanding if this unfortunately does happen.
In the event of a cancellation of an event, the following policy shall apply, unless the Organiser supplies their own Cancellation policy.
Event Cancellation by the Organiser
- In the case of unforeseen external circumstances preventing an event from occurring, an Organiser reserves the right to cancel that event.
- If the Organiser cancels an event, registrants will be provided with at least 24-hour notice of such cancellation.
- Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, the Organiser reserves the right to either issue a refund as per above or transfer registration to the same or similar event at a future date.
Registration Cancellation by Participant
- Unless specifically stated on registration materials, all cancellation request must be received in writing.
- No show / non-attendance on the day: Refunds will not be made for registrants that are unable to attend an event.
- All refund requests must be made by the attendee or credit card holder.
- Refund requests must include the name of the attendee and/or Invoice number as well as proof of banking details.
- All refunds carry a R50 administration fee.
- Prior to 2 weeks before the Event: A full refund.
- Between 1 – 2 week before the Event: A 75% refund.
- Between 4 – 7 days before the Event: A 50% refund.
- Less than 4 days before the Event: No refund.
- All eligible refunds shall be actioned, by the Event Organiser, within 14 days after receiving the refund request.
- SAPRF shall not be liable for any refunds, regardless of changes to this policy by the Organiser.